Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy any product or services through our links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
In my previous article, you have learned how to transfer a domain name from GoDaddy to BlueHost. In this article, you will learn how to transfer a domain from BlueHost to GoDaddy.
You need to prepare your domain name first before initiating the domain transfer.
You can easily transfer your Domain Name from BlueHost to GoDaddy. Just follow this step-by-step process, your domain transfer will be smooth.
How to Transfer Domain to GoDaddy?
Here is a three step simple process to transfer domain to GoDaddy.
Note: Never initiate your domain transfer if your domain about to expire within 45 days.
1) Prepare your Domain Name
- Login to your BlueHost Control Panel.
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Choose Domains in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and select the domain name which you want to transfer from the list.
- You will see several tabs for the domain to the right, which you can use to view and update your settings. These tabs are:
- Renewal Options
- Privacy Options
- Name Servers
- Transfer EPP
- Click the Contacts tab to the right and update your contact information like correct email id. On this email id, GoDaddy will contact you.
- Click the Privacy Options tab. If privacy is enabled, click Pause Domain Privacy. Pausing/disabling privacy unblocks your domain’s contact information in the public WHOIS database so the GoDaddy registrar can contact you regarding the transfer.
- Click the Name Servers tab, select use custom Nameservers and enter the settings for your GoDaddy hosting provider. Click Save Nameserver Settings.
- Click the Lock tab and unlock the Domain Name, if it is locked.
- To get the EPP code, click the Transfer EPP tab and copy EPP/Authorization code for further use at GoDaddy.
Now your domain is ready to transfer to GoDaddy account.
2) Initiate Domain Transfer
- Login to your GoDaddy account.
- Go to the Domains Tab.
- Clicking the Transfers tab and enter your domain.
- Afterwards you will be asked to enter your domain Authorization code.
- Enter the EPP code/Authorization code which you copied from the Transfer EPP tab at BlueHost.
Domain transfer initiate is completed. Now you can approve domain transfer from BlueHost domain manager.
3) Approve Domain Transfer
- Login to your BlueHost Domain Manager.
- Scroll down and select the domain pending transfer from the list on the left.
- Click the Transfer EPP tab to the right.
- Click Approve.
The transfer will go through immediately, though it may take a few minutes (up to an hour) for the gaining registrar to detect the change.
If you are having any issue getting it started, write in comment section.